What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you:
- Register on this website
- Make a pledge or gift, or place an order
- Respond to a survey
- Fill out a form or respond to an invitation
- Contact St. James' through this website
- Post a message or participate in a blog or make comments on this website
When making a pledge or gift, ordering or registering on this website, or otherwise accessing this website, you may be asked to provide:
- E-mail address
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Amount of pledge or gift
- Credit card information
Your IP address may also be collected.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one or more of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience. Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website. We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions. After a transaction, your private financial information (credit card numbers, bank account numbers, etc.) will not be stored.
- To administer a survey, contest, promotion, or another feature of this website.
- To communicate with you by email, telephone, and mail to send you information and updates pertaining to your relationship with St. James'. If you opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include school news, updates, related fundraising or service information, etc. you may unsubscribe from receiving future emails by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain correspondence from us, such as messages relating to orders you have placed.
How do we protect your information?
The personal information that you provide to us is stored on servers, which are located in secured facilities with restricted access and protected by protocols and procedures designed to maintain the security of your personal information when you complete a transaction or access your personal information. All personal financial information, which you supply, is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway provider’s database and is only accessible by those who are authorized with special access rights to such systems and required to keep the information confidential. However, no server, computer or communications network or system, or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect user information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or through the use of this website, and you acknowledge and agree that you provide such information and engage in such transmissions at your own risk. Once we receive a transmission from you, we will endeavor to maintain its security on our systems.
Like many websites, we employ “cookies” in certain areas of this website to allow us to make your online experience more convenient. Cookies are small bits of electronic information that a website sends to your browser and are stored on your computer’s hard drive. We do not receive or record any personal information in the cookies we use.
Also, our servers automatically receive and record information from your browser in server logs whenever you visit this website. This information includes your Internet Protocol address, which areas of the website you visited, and the date, time and duration of your visit. We use this information to monitor and analyze how visitors use the website and to maintain and improve it.
Do Not Track Notice
St. James’ does not track its visitors over time and across third party websites for purposes of providing target advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) headers. Some third party sites, however, do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We may also release the personally identifiable information we collect from you under the following limited circumstances:
- If we believe release is reasonably necessary to comply with applicable law, regulation or legal process, such as a court order or subpoena, or a request by law enforcement or governmental authorities
- To enforce the Terms and Conditions for this website
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of St. James', our employees, students, community, other users of this website, or others
- If we become involved in a merger, acquisition or other transaction in which user information, including personally identifiable information collected from you through this website, is transferred along with other St. James' assets in connection with the transaction.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer links to third party websites, products or services on our website, such as links to educational sites on our Classroom Pages. The fact that St. James' has provided a link to another website is not an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship or affiliation of that website, its owners or its providers. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our website and welcome any feedback about these third party sites.
Please be aware when you leave our website that St. James' is not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. These other websites may collect or solicit personal data or send their own cookies to your computer and may have their own privacy policies. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of these other sites for more information about their policies on the collection and use of your personal information.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We encourage parents to monitor their children’s use of the Internet and to help us protect their privacy by instructing them never to provide personal information on this website or any other site without a parent’s permission. We do not collect any personally identifiable information from anyone we know or suspect to be under 13 years of age.
St. James’ Episcopal School
625 S St Andrews Place
Los Angeles, CA 90005
213-382-2315, ext. 309
Effective Date: September 22, 2020