Head of School Search
In late August, Head of School, Peter Reinke shared with the St. James’ community his intention to retire in June 2024. On behalf of the Board of Trustees, President Caroline Choe ‘92 expressed immense gratitude to Mr. Reinke for his inspiration and innovative leadership over the past five years. She particularly highlighted his deep commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice as well as his love for and partnership with the church.
The Board is conducting a national search for the next leader of St. James’ Episcopal School and has engaged Educators Collaborative to guide this effort. Leading this endeavor are trustees Kevin MacLellan and Caroline Choe, serving as co-chairs of the Search Committee. The Board is committed to an inclusive and transparent process, and will provide opportunities for input and involvement from faculty, staff and our parent and alumni community. In finding our new leader we look to build upon our rich history spanning more than five decades and ensure a vibrant future for future generations of St. James’ students.
Members of the St. James’ community can share their thoughts and questions with the Search Committee by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please check this page for updates and information as the search moves ahead in the coming weeks. We look forward to keeping you apprised and appreciate your engagement and support.
- Position posted: October 2023
- Application deadline: November 15, 2023
- Semifinalist interviews: December 2023
- Finalist visits: January 2024
- Appointment: February 2024
- Start date: July 2024
Search Updates and Communication
- Communication from the President of the Board of Trustees: August 29, 2023
- Communication from the Head of School: August 29, 2023
- Communication from Search Committee Co-Chairs: October 13, 2023
- Communication from Search Committee Co-Chairs: November 3, 2023
- Information for Candidates
Frequently Asked Questions
- How are people chosen for the search committee?
- Will people other than the search committee get to meet the candidates?
- What are the criteria for making a decision about selecting the right person?
- There are great people already working at St. James’ – wouldn’t it be easier to choose someone here?
- How long will this process take?
- What if I know someone who may be interested?
- Are we only looking locally?
- What if you don't find the right person?
- What if I have additional questions?