St. James' Online Application
St. James’ provides an innovative educational experience within a warm and diverse community dedicated to academic excellence, nobility of character, and spiritual growth. We welcome all applicants, without regard to their race, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or economic or social circumstances.
Applications for September 2017 have now closed. Decisions for preschool will be sent on February 9, 2017 in cooperation with Los Angeles Preschool Partnership. Kindergarten - 6th grade decisions will be sent on March 17, 2017 in collaboration with Los Angeles School Heads (LASH) consortium.
The Application Process
- Attend an Open House.
- Complete online application by November 4, 2016 (Preschool/Kindergarten Readiness) or December 2, 2016 (Kindergarten through 6th grade).
- Applicants to Preschool must be 2 years old before September 1, 2017.
- Applicants to Kindergarten must be 5 years old before September 1, 2017.
- All applicants (Preschool – 6th grade) will visit with our teachers as part of the admission process. Child visits are held by appointment in December and January.
- Submit supplemental forms:
- Parent/Guardian Questions form
- Teacher Recommendation form: for Kindergarten Readiness (preschool ages 4+) through 6th grade applicants, a recommendation form from your child’s current teacher is required as part of the application process. Recommendation forms for preschool Dolphins and Butterflies (ages 2-3) are not required, as we do not presume that all applicants at that age are currently enrolled in a preschool program.)
- Transcript Request form (required for 1st-6th grade applicants)
- Parent interviews are scheduled from October through January by the Admission Office after completed application and supplemental forms are received.
All applicants, including siblings of current students and alums, children of alums, and children of parishioners and employees, are given careful consideration by the Admission Committee to ensure that St. James’ can meet the needs of each child. The Admission Committee will mail preschool decision letters on Thursday, February 9, 2017 in collaboration with the consortium of Los Angeles Preschools.The Admission Committee will mail K-6 decision letters on Friday, March 17, 2017 in collaboration with the consortium of Los Angeles School Heads (LASH).
5th - 6th Grade Applicants
Register online to take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) in December 2016 or January 2017. Children applying to 5th and 6th grade at St. James’ must take the exam on or before Saturday, January 21, 2017 and may take it at any available site. Please designate that St. James’ Episcopal School (ERB code 054143) is to receive the exam results.
Important Admission Dates
Preschool/Kindergarten Readiness Application Due Date: November 4, 2016
Kindergarten through 6th grade Application Due Date: December 2, 2016
Parent Interviews: October– January
Child Visit Dates: December – January
Kindergarten through 6th grade Supplemental Materials Due: January 13, 2017
Last Day for 5th and 6th grade applicants to take ISEE: January 21, 2017
Preschool Admission Committee Decision: Decision letters will be mailed on February 9, 2017
Preschool Enrollment Contracts Due: February 15, 2017
Last Day for K-6th grade tuition assistance applications: February 16, 2017
K-6th Admission Committee Decision: Decision letters will be mailed on March 17, 2017
K-6th Enrollment Contracts Due: March 27, 2017