St. James' Online Application
St. James’ provides an exceptional educational experience within a warm and diverse community dedicated to academic excellence, nobility of character, and spiritual growth. We welcome all applicants, without regard to their race, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or economic or social circumstances.
Applications for 2019-2020 were due in November 2018. Late applications may be processed later in the spring if space is available at a particular grade level.
The Application Process
Decisions for 2019-2020 preschool applications will be sent on February 28, 2019, in cooperation with Los Angeles Preschool Partnership.
Kindergarten - 6th grade decisions will be sent on March 15, 2019, in collaboration with Los Angeles School Heads (LASH) consortium.
- Reserve a visit to campus.
- Complete online application by November 2, 2018 (Preschool/Kindergarten Readiness) or November 30, 2018 (Kindergarten through 6th grade).
- Applicants to Preschool must be 2 years old before May 1, 2019.
- Applicants to Kindergarten must be 5 years old before September 1, 2019.
- All applicants (Preschool – 6th grade) will visit with our teachers as part of the admission process. Child visits are held by appointment December - February.
- Submit supplemental forms:
- Parent/Guardian Questions form
- Teacher Recommendation form: is required from your child’s current teacher as part of the application process for Kindergarten Readiness (preschool ages 4+) through 6th grade applicants. Teacher recommendation forms for preschool Dolphin and Butterfly applicants (ages 2-3) are not required, as we do not presume that all applicants at that age are currently enrolled in a preschool program.
- Transcript Request form: is required for all 1st-6th grade applicants
- Parent interviews are scheduled from September through January by the Admission Office after the completed application and all supplemental forms are received.
All applicants, including siblings of current students and alums, children of alums, and children of parishioners and employees, are given careful consideration by the Admission Committee to ensure that St. James’ can meet the needs of each child. The Admission Committee will email preschool decision letters on Thursday, February 28, 2019, in collaboration with Los Angeles Preschool Partnership. The Admission Committee will email K-6 decision letters on Friday, March 15, 2019, in collaboration with the consortium of Los Angeles School Heads (LASH).
2nd - 6th Grade Applicants
Register online to take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) in December 2018 or January 2019. Children applying to 2nd through 6th grade at St. James’ must take the exam on or before Saturday, January 19, 2019, and may take it at any available site. Please designate that St. James’ Episcopal School (ERB code 054143) is to receive the exam results.
Important Admission Dates
Preschool/Kindergarten Readiness Application Due Date: November 2, 2018
Kindergarten through 6th grade Application Due Date: November 30, 2018
FAST applications Due Date: November 30, 2018
Parent Interviews: appointments available September – January
Child Visit Dates: appointments available December – February
Kindergarten Readiness through 6th grade Supplemental Materials Due: January 11, 2019
Last Day for 2nd through 6th grade applicants to take ISEE: January 19, 2019
Preschool Admission Committee Decision: Decision letters will be emailed on February 28, 2019
Preschool Enrollment Contracts Due: March 4, 2019
K-6th Admission Committee Decision: Decision letters will be mailed on March 15, 2019
K-6th Enrollment Contracts Due: March 25, 2019