St. James' Online Application
St. James’ provides an exceptional educational experience within a warm and diverse community dedicated to academic excellence, nobility of character, and spiritual growth. We welcome all applicants, without regard to their race, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or economic or social circumstances.
The Application Process
Applications for the 2020-2021 school year have closed. Please contact the Admission Office at (213) 382-2315 or email@example.com with any questions.
Decisions for 2020-2021 preschool applications will be sent on February 6, 2020.
Kindergarten - 6th grade decisions will be sent on March 13, 2020, in collaboration with Los Angeles School Heads (LASH) consortium.
- Reserve a visit to campus.
- Complete online application by November 29, 2019 (Preschool/Kindergarten Readiness) or December 13, 2019 (Kindergarten through 6th grade).
- Applicants to Preschool must be 2 years old before May 1, 2020.
- Applicants to Kindergarten must be 5 years old before September 1, 2020.
- All applicants (Preschool – 6th grade) will visit with our teachers as part of the admission process. Child visits are held by appointment December - February.
- Submit supplemental forms:
- Parent/Guardian Questionnaire form
- Teacher Recommendation form: is required from your child’s current teacher as part of the application process for Kindergarten Readiness (preschool ages 4+) through 6th grade applicants. Teacher recommendation forms for preschool Dolphin and Butterfly applicants (ages 2-3) are not required, as we do not presume that all applicants at that age are currently enrolled in a preschool program.
- Transcript Request form: is required for all 1st-6th grade applicants
- Parent interviews are scheduled from September through January by the Admission Office after the completed application and all supplemental forms are received.
All applicants, including siblings of current students and alums, children of alums, and children of parishioners and employees, are given careful consideration by the Admission Committee to ensure that St. James’ can meet the needs of each child.
2nd - 6th Grade Applicants
Register online to take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) in December 2019 or January 2020 Children applying to 2nd through 6th grade at St. James’ must take the exam on or before Saturday, January 18, 2020 and may take it at any available site. Please designate that St. James’ Episcopal School (ERB code 054143) is to receive the exam results.
Important Admission Dates
Preschool/Kindergarten Readiness Application Due Date: November 29, 2019
Kindergarten through 6th grade Application Due Date: December 13, 2019
Kindergarten Readiness through 6th grade Supplemental Materials Due: January 10, 2020
St. James' Current Family Sibling Application Due Date: October 18, 2019
St. James' Current Family Sibling Supplemental Materials Due Date: November 29, 2019
FAST applications Due Date:
New Preschool Families and Current Families: November 29, 2019
New Elementary Families: December 13, 2019
Parent Interviews: appointments available November – January
Child Visit Dates: appointments available January – February
Last Day for 2nd through 6th grade applicants to take ISEE: January 18, 2020
Preschool Admission Committee Decision: Decision letters will be emailed on February 6, 2020
Preschool Enrollment Contracts Due: February 17, 2020
K-6th Admission Committee Decision: Decision letters will be mailed on March 13, 2020
K-6th Enrollment Contracts Due: March 23, 2020