St. James' Online Application
St. James’ provides an exceptional educational experience within a warm and diverse community dedicated to academic excellence, nobility of character, and spiritual growth. We welcome all applicants, without regard to their race, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or economic or social circumstances.
Create an account or sign in to your family's Admission and Enrollment Portal by clicking on the blue button below.
Decisions for 2018-2019 preschool applications were sent on February 8, 2018, in cooperation with Los Angeles Preschool Partnership.
Kindergarten - 6th grade decisions were sent on March 16, 2018, in collaboration with Los Angeles School Heads (LASH) consortium.
The Application Process
- Reserve a visit to campus.*
*Open Houses and tours for applicants to 2018-2019 are closed for the year. Applications to preschool were due November 3, 2017. Applications to Kindergarten - 6th Grade were due Friday, December 1, 2017.
Late applications may be considered on a case-by-case basis, pending space available in the grade level to which the application is being made. Visits to campus for late applications will be arranged by the Admission Office Coordinator after the full application is received and processed by the admission office.
- Complete online application by November 3, 2017 (Preschool/Kindergarten Readiness) or December 1, 2017 (Kindergarten through 6th grade).
- Applicants to Preschool must be 2 years old before May 1, 2018.
- Applicants to Kindergarten must be 5 years old before September 1, 2018.
- All applicants (Preschool – 6th grade) will visit with our teachers as part of the admission process. Child visits are held by appointment in December and January.
- Submit supplemental forms:
- Parent/Guardian Questions form
- Teacher Recommendation form: is required from your child’s current teacher as part of the application process for Kindergarten Readiness (preschool ages 4+) through 6th grade applicants. Teacher recommendation forms for preschool Dolphin and Butterfly applicants (ages 2-3) are not required, as we do not presume that all applicants at that age are currently enrolled in a preschool program.
- Transcript Request form: is required for all 1st-6th grade applicants
- Parent interviews are scheduled from October through January by the Admission Office after the completed application and all supplemental forms are received.
All applicants, including siblings of current students and alums, children of alums, and children of parishioners and employees, are given careful consideration by the Admission Committee to ensure that St. James’ can meet the needs of each child. The Admission Committee emailed preschool decision letters on Thursday, February 8, 2018, in collaboration with the consortium of Los Angeles Preschools. The Admission Committee emailed K-6 decision letters on Friday, March 16, 2018, in collaboration with the consortium of Los Angeles School Heads (LASH).
2nd - 6th Grade Applicants
Register online to take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) in December 2017 or January 2018. Children applying to 2nd through 6th grade at St. James’ must take the exam on or before Saturday, January 20, 2018 and may take it at any available site. Please designate that St. James’ Episcopal School (ERB code 054143) is to receive the exam results.
Important Admission Dates
Preschool/Kindergarten Readiness Application Due Date: November 3, 2017
Kindergarten through 6th grade Application Due Date: December 1, 2017
Parent Interviews: appointments available October– January
Child Visit Dates: appointments available December – January
Kindergarten through 6th grade Supplemental Materials Due: January 12, 2018
Last Day for 2nd through 6th grade applicants to take ISEE: January 20, 2018
Preschool Admission Committee Decision: Decision letters will be mailed on February 8, 2018
Preschool Enrollment Contracts Due: February 12, 2018
Last Day for tuition assistance applications: February 15, 2018
K-6th Admission Committee Decision: Decision letters will be mailed on March 16, 2018
K-6th Enrollment Contracts Due: March 26, 2018