St. James' Online Application
St. James’ provides an exceptional educational experience within a warm and diverse community dedicated to academic excellence, nobility of character, and spiritual growth. We welcome all applicants, without regard to their race, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or economic or social circumstances.
The Application Process
Click here for our online application. Please contact Emmy Gilliam at (213) 382-2315 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Priority Application Process:
Current St. James' families and faculty/staff children
Application Due Date: November 13, 2020
Preschool Application Due Date: November 30, 2020
Kindergarten - 6th Grade Application Due Date: December 4, 2020
Although applications are not due until December 4, 2020, we ask that families who are ready to apply earlier do so as soon as possible. Applications can be submitted online.
- Reserve a visit to campus.
- Complete online application by November 30, 2020 (Preschool/Kindergarten Readiness) or December 4, 2020 (Kindergarten through 6th grade).
- Applicants to Preschool must be 2 years old before May 1, 2020.
- Applicants to Kindergarten must be 5 years old before September 1, 2020.
- All applicants (Preschool – 6th grade) will visit with our teachers as part of the admission process. Child visits are held by appointment December - February.
- Submit supplemental forms:
- Parent/Guardian Questionnaire form
- Teacher Recommendation form: is required from your child’s current teacher as part of the application process for Kindergarten Readiness (preschool ages 4+) through 6th grade applicants. Teacher recommendation forms for preschool Dolphin and Butterfly applicants (ages 2-3) are not required, as we do not presume that all applicants at that age are currently enrolled in a preschool program.
- Transcript Request form: is required for all 1st-6th grade applicants
- Parent interviews are scheduled from September through January by the Admission Office after the completed application and all supplemental forms are received.
All applicants, including siblings of current students and alums, children of alums, and children of parishioners and employees, are given careful consideration by the Admission Committee to ensure that St. James’ can meet the needs of each child.
Important Admission Dates
Preschool/Kindergarten Readiness Application Due Date: November 30, 2020
Kindergarten through 6th grade Application Due Date: December 4, 2020
Kindergarten Readiness through 6th grade Supplemental Materials Due: January 15, 2021
St. James' Current Family Sibling Application Due Date: November 13, 2020
St. James' Current Family Sibling Supplemental Materials Due Date: November 30, 2020
FAST applications Due Date:
New Preschool Families and Current Families: November 30, 2020
New Elementary Families: December 15, 2020
Parent Interviews: appointments available November – January 2021
Child Visit Dates: appointments available January – February 2021
Preschool Admission Committee Decision: Decision letters will be emailed on February 6, 2021
Preschool Enrollment Contracts Due: February 17, 2021
Kindergarten - 6th Grade: Admissions decisions will be communicated to families by St. James' (and all Los Angeles Elementary Independent Schools) on March 5, 2021. Tuition Assistance decisions will be communicated at the same time. Please reach out to us if you would like to visit one last time or talk with anyone within our community.
Enrollment decisions from families are due back to St. James' on March 15, 2021, at 9 a.m.