St. James' Online Application
St. James’ provides an innovative educational experience within a warm and diverse community dedicated to academic excellence, nobility of character, and spiritual growth. We welcome all applicants, without regard to their race, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or economic or social circumstances.
Create an account or sign in to your family's Admission and Enrollment Portal by clicking on the blue button below.
Decisions for 2018-2019 preschool applications will be sent on February 8, 2018 in cooperation with Los Angeles Preschool Partnership. Kindergarten - 6th grade decisions will be sent on March 16, 2018 in collaboration with Los Angeles School Heads (LASH) consortium.
The Application Process
- Reserve a visit to campus.
- Complete online application by November 3, 2017 (Preschool/Kindergarten Readiness) or December 1, 2017 (Kindergarten through 6th grade).
- Applicants to Preschool must be 2 years old before May 1, 2018.
- Applicants to Kindergarten must be 5 years old before September 1, 2018.
- All applicants (Preschool – 6th grade) will visit with our teachers as part of the admission process. Child visits are held by appointment in December and January.
- Submit supplemental forms:
- Parent/Guardian Questions form
- Teacher Recommendation form: is required from your child’s current teacher as part of the application process for Kindergarten Readiness (preschool ages 4+) through 6th grade applicants. Teacher recommendation forms for preschool Dolphin and Butterfly applicants (ages 2-3) are not required, as we do not presume that all applicants at that age are currently enrolled in a preschool program.
- Transcript Request form: is required for all 1st-6th grade applicants
- Parent interviews are scheduled from October through January by the Admission Office after completed application and all supplemental forms are received.
All applicants, including siblings of current students and alums, children of alums, and children of parishioners and employees, are given careful consideration by the Admission Committee to ensure that St. James’ can meet the needs of each child. The Admission Committee will mail preschool decision letters on Thursday, February 8, 2018 in collaboration with the consortium of Los Angeles Preschools.The Admission Committee will mail K-6 decision letters on Friday, March 16, 2018 in collaboration with the consortium of Los Angeles School Heads (LASH).
5th - 6th Grade Applicants
Register online to take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) in December 2017 or January 2018. Children applying to 5th and 6th grade at St. James’ must take the exam on or before Saturday, January 20, 2018 and may take it at any available site. Please designate that St. James’ Episcopal School (ERB code 054143) is to receive the exam results.
Important Admission Dates
Preschool/Kindergarten Readiness Application Due Date: November 3, 2017
Kindergarten through 6th grade Application Due Date: December 1, 2017
Parent Interviews: appointments available October– January
Child Visit Dates: appointments available December – January
Kindergarten through 6th grade Supplemental Materials Due: January 12, 2018
Last Day for 5th and 6th grade applicants to take ISEE: January 20, 2018
Preschool Admission Committee Decision: Decision letters will be mailed on February 8, 2018
Preschool Enrollment Contracts Due: February 12, 2018
Last Day for tuition assistance applications: February 15, 2018
K-6th Admission Committee Decision: Decision letters will be mailed on March 16, 2018
K-6th Enrollment Contracts Due: March 26, 2018