2019–2020 Tuition & Fees
Total tuition includes a $1,600 non-refundable annual Enrollment Fee that is due at registration.
Total Tuition – Preschool
Total Tuition –Kindergarten Readiness Program
Total Tuition – Kindergarten-3rd Grade
Total Tuition – 4th–6th Grades
New Student Fee
Affording St. James'
As part of its mission as an Episcopal school, St. James' is committed to serving children in our community, regardless of a family’s ability to cover the full cost of tuition. We offer a high-quality educational experience for your child in a kind community where families are partners with our school.
Unlike federal college loans that need to be repaid, financial aid at St. James’ is granted to families to help lower their annual tuition costs. The Board of Trustees is committed to maintaining relatively low tuition through careful fiscal management and has established a specific endowment to provide additional income for future tuition assistance grants.
Families may qualify for financial aid grants ranging from 10% up to 90% of annual tuition. Extenuating circumstances like short-term unemployment or caring for a sick grandparent may mean your family needs additional help to meet St. James’ tuition obligations. Your investment in the cost of a St. James’ education is a significant investment in your child’s future. Providing you with the maximum value for your tuition investment is our goal while keeping costs as affordable as possible for the members of our community.
Enormous Value for Your Investment
At St. James’, your tuition goes farther than at other schools; we cover with tuition what other schools might charge additional fees for:
- Before- and after-school care;
- Field trips to local museums, aquariums, or theatrical performances;
- Out-of-town, multi-night trips for 4th – 6th grade students.
- Co-curricular classes in Spanish, Music, Art, Science, Library, P.E./Health, and Religion.
Financial Aid Application
The deadline for completing and submitting the financial aid application form is Friday, November 29, 2019.
To assist in determining need and to protect the privacy of applicant families, St. James’ uses Financial Aid for Student Tuition (FAST), an autonomous firm serving many independent schools. The confidential FAST report helps a school assess a family’s ability to contribute toward the cost of tuition.
The Financial Aid Committee carefully evaluates this report for each family applying for aid and distributes available financial aid funds according to demonstrated need.
All financial aid awards are reviewed and recalculated each year, so re-enrolling families are asked to re-submit updated financial information and tax returns. Priority goes first to students currently receiving financial aid, then to returning students applying for financial aid for the first time, and finally to newly admitted students.
Apply for Financial Aid by November 29
Complete an online FAST application by Friday, November 29, 2019 (There is a $45 non-refundable fee when submitting your FAST application).
Make a copy of your signed 2018 Federal Tax Form 1040, including all W-2 and/or 1099 forms and schedules for both parents. Submit these forms directly to FAST; they will provide instructions after you complete the online application.
- It is imperative to complete your 2018 taxes so that you can meet the financial aid application deadline.
- Priority will be given to applications received by the deadline of Friday, November 29, 2019. Late applications will be considered only if financial aid funds are still available.
- Divorced or separated parents must each submit a financial aid application.
- The Financial Aid Committee is unable to review applications until they are complete.
- Financial aid awards are re-calculated each year for re-enrolling students and reflect any changes in a family’s financial situation.