Tuition and Tuition Assistance
Enormous Value for Your Investment
At St. James’, your tuition goes farther than at other schools; tuition covers what other schools might charge additional fees for:
- Out-of-town, multi-night trips for 4th – 6th grade students.
- Co-curricular classes in Spanish, Music, Art, Science, Library, P.E./Health, and Religion.
2023-2024 Tuition & Fees
Including annual registration fee and one-time new student fee
Preschool Tuition: $25,500 Kindergarten Readiness Tuition: $27,210 Kindergarten - 1st Grade Tuition: $36,820 2nd - 6th Grade Tuition: $34,710 Parent Association Fee: $150 Technology/Arts Fee: $200 (K-6th Only) Mandatory Summer Program Fee: $1,500 (Preschool/KRP only)
St. James’ offers a variety of after-school enrichment classes and other programs throughout the school year. Costs vary depending on the class.
Affording St. James'
As part of its mission as an Episcopal school, St. James' is committed to serving children in our community, regardless of a family’s ability to cover the full cost of tuition. We offer a high-quality educational experience for your child in a kind community where families are partners with our school.
Unlike federal college loans that need to be repaid, tuition assistance at St. James’ is granted to families to help lower their annual tuition costs. The Board of Trustees is committed to maintaining relatively low tuition through careful fiscal management and has established a specific endowment to provide additional income for future tuition assistance grants.
Families may qualify for tuition assistance ranging from 10% up to 90% of annual tuition. Extenuating circumstances like short-term unemployment or caring for a sick grandparent may mean your family needs additional help to meet St. James’ tuition obligations. Your investment in the cost of a St. James’ education is a significant investment in your child’s future. Providing you with the maximum value for your tuition investment is our goal while keeping costs as affordable as possible for the members of our community.
Tuition Assistance Application
To assist in determining need and to protect the privacy of applicant families, St. James’ uses Financial Aid for Student Tuition (FAST), an autonomous firm serving many independent schools. The confidential FAST report helps a school assess a family’s ability to contribute toward the cost of tuition.
The Tuition Assistance Committee carefully evaluates this report for each family applying for aid and distributes available tuition assistance funds according to demonstrated need.
All tuition assistance awards are reviewed and recalculated each year, so re-enrolling families are asked to re-submit updated financial information and tax returns. Priority goes first to students currently receiving tuition assistance, then to returning students applying for tuition assistance for the first time, and finally to newly admitted students.
Tuition Assistance Application Steps
- Complete an online FAST application by Friday, December 8, 2023 for families applying for preschool and current St. James’ families, and Friday, December 15, 2023 for families applying for elementary school. (There is a $48 non-refundable fee when submitting your FAST application). Please note, in order for an application to be considered complete and on time, you must upload the requested documentation to FAST by the deadline (see step 2 below).
- Make a copy of your signed 2022 Federal Tax Form 1040, including all W-2 and/or 1099 forms and schedules for both parents. Submit these forms directly to FAST; they will provide instructions after you complete the online application.
- It is imperative to complete your 2022 taxes so that you can meet the tuition assistance application deadline.
- Priority will be given to applications received by the deadlines. Late applications will be considered only if tuition assistance funds are still available.
- Divorced or separated parents must each submit a tuition assistance application.
- The Tuition Assistance Committee is unable to review applications until they are complete.
- Tuition assistance awards are recalculated each year for re-enrolling students and reflect any changes in a family’s financial situation.