The Every Child Fund
What is The Every Child Fund?
Did you know that tuition only covers about 80% of a St. James' education? The remaining 20% is filled in part by annual giving to The Every Child Fund.
Contributions to this fund have a positive and immediate impact on all aspects of life at St. James', including:
- Difference between Tuition Revenue and Operating Budget - 80% of Costs Covered by Tuition.
- St. James' is one of the most affordably priced elite elementary schools in the city, and we consciously work to keep that the case. We continue to be very economical compared to most of our peer schools.•
- The school has expanded its Tuition Assistance Budget to support those families who need more tuition assistance during these unusual times.
- The school has spent considerable funds to ensure a differentiated approach to learning during this difficult year; the school has added teachers, built a 1:1 technology program and after Thanksgiving will launch a robotics program in grades K-6; and a Chromebook program in grades 4-6.
- As Beyond School continues to expand and, as we continue to add teaching staff – we’ve built an associate teacher program, and added a full FTE in the preschool and assistant teachers in Kinder – this philanthropic partnership with our families is so vital.
Participating in The Every Child Fund
Each gift, no matter the amount, touches the lives of our students, and we encourage every family to make a gift in any amount that is appropriate to their circumstances to benefit every child at St. James'.
You may make a gift or make a pledge to The Fund. Pledges can be paid in one, or multiple installments, until June 30, 2021.
To gain possible tax benefits during the current tax year, donations should be made prior to December 31.
Levels of Support
Up to $1,967
The 1968 Association
(Vice-Chairs of the Philanthropic Council)
$25,000 and above